For example, "before Carol Ann Doucette became a Broker Associate, she spent more than 20 years as a surgical technologist. It's knowledge that helps her stay healthy as she balances life and career at RE/MAX By The Bay in Portland, Maine. Doucette has several favorite health-related Web sites that motivate her and keep her informed. Among her favorites is the Web site drnorthrup.com, sponsored by Dr. Christiane Northrup, a leader in women's health issues in Maine. Dr. Northrup's Web site features free monthly newsletters, inspirational messages, insights on medical headlines and answers to frequently asked questions from her patients."
Doucette also likes the Web site Anthem.com, sponsored by Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield. "It's a Web site where I track daily exercise and receive rewards for staying healthy," Doucette says.
Here are another set of valuable health sites that have been highlighted by others in RE/MAX:
1. About.com's Health & Fitness site features a health quiz section and resources about many health topics, from alternative medicines to diseases.
2. CBS News puts out a HealthWatch page with the latest health news.
3. The Combined Health Information Database offers health care topics created by federal agencies such as the National Institutes of Health and the Health Resources and Services Administration.
4. The Health Information for the Public site is a compilation of health-related topics from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine.
5. Health Finder is a service of the National Health Information Center and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
6. HealthWeb, sponsored by the National Library of Medicine, is a place to find noncommercial health Web sites evaluated by medical librarians from university medical schools.
7. Interactive health tutorials are available at Medlineplus.gov, sponsored by the National Institutes of Health and its National Library of Medicine, the world's largest medical library, there are links to many health sites and clinical trials.
8. The Florida-based nonprofit group Med Help International offers information from Q&A forums, online medical libraries, searchable databases and more than 1,200 patient support groups.
9. The Harvard Center for Cancer Prevention site describes risks, prevention and testing related to cancer diabetes, health disease, stroke and other diseases.
10. The 4Parents site is part of a new national public education campaign that offers "a guide to help you and your teens discuss important, yet difficult, issues about healthy choices, sex and relationships."
Source: RE/MAX International Inc. Parts Copyright 2005
Visit my web site for additional resources and services: http://www.LawrenceYerkes.com
or visit http://www.BestHomes-NJ.com for the latest New Jersey Real Estate property listings (residential, commercial, multi-family, farm, land)
Copyright 2005 by Timon, Inc. All Rights Reserved.